Dean and Fred are the owners here at Hawks Nest. They grew up together since age ten, sharing good times and bad, but always being around for one another. Eventually, they moved into their careers side-by-side as contractors. Fred, a second generation general contractor, and Dean, a third generation grading contractor. They worked hard, and loved their work, but wanted something more. They wanted an adventure. They got their wives (of 20+ years each!), Lisa (Fred's wife) and Shelly (Dean's wife), on board and set sail for the adventure of a lifetime.
So the new adventure begins. They were looking to get out of construction and move into something that was a little more rewarding, and a little more recession proof as well. They thought an RV park would be right up their alley -- fun, relaxing, and something that would allow them to continue to use their skills as contractors. They went to work searching for the perfect RV park to buy and fix up, and found Hawks Nest for sale on Craigslist in February of 2010. They made an offer and the rest is history!
Being from the construction industry, Fred and Dean knew how to build and fix anything, but had no clue how to run and manage an RV park and campground. So they came up with a plan. Some goals. Some rules to live by.
- Provide a safe, clean campground.
- Clean and remodel the park and cabins right away.
- Transform the park into a family destination.
- Make the park fun for all who stay.
- Provide something the competitors don't -- a group campfire, exceptional customer service, an awesome park.
- Above all, provide the best customer service possible!
"It's been long sun-up to sun-set days, but we are now on our third year and deep into new improvements and remodels -- all the while keeping the day to day operations going! Its been one of the most rewarding and exciting things. But for the four of us, the best parts have been the following:
- Seeing all of our hard work come together and knowing our work and sweat is for our own investment.
- Having our guests say this is one of the nicest parks they have stayed at, and they will be back, and we see them the following year.
- Meeting people from all walks of life and countries.
- And finally, having our guests have an awesome, safe, fun, relaxing time with the family, and we get to be a part of that!